1 oz American Buffalo Gold Coin previous years
If you would like to own a gold bullion coin that represents the North American heritage, that is deemed legal tender by the United States Government, and that contains one troy ounce of .9999 fine gold, then look no further than the gold American Buffalo. Authorized by the US Congress in 2005 and minted the following year by the US West Point Mint, it is the first 24 karat legal tender gold coin to be issued by the US Government. Depicting graceful designs of iconic American hallmarks, the gold American Buffalo coin is a must for anyone who relishes the founding history of the United States.
- This 1 oz coin tracks the price of gold. The value of American Buffalo coins is primarily determined by their fine gold content which is linked to the prevailing price of gold.
- American Buffalo coins are money. American Buffalos are legal tender in the United States and are accepted and exchanged as such throughout the world.
- The gold American Buffalo is recognisable. The fact that American Buffalo coins are minted by the US West Point Mint and portray two iconic hallmarks of North America, the American Bison and the Native American Indian, guarantees their global recognition and liquidity.
- American Buffalo coins are 99.99 % pure gold. In many ways, it is more exciting to hold the 24 karat American Buffalo coin in your hands than an alloyed gold coin. Unlike alloyed gold, pure 24 karat gold has a lustrous gold colour and, being of higher density, also has a better heft or “feel” to it.
- American Buffalos gold coins are the equivalent of savings. Made of pure gold and backed by the United States Government, American Buffalo bullion coins are an ideal investment for any type of long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical legal tender gold coins.
- American Buffalo coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes the gold American Buffalo coin serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
The American Buffalo carries the design of the famous five-cent nickel buffalo coin
James Earle Fraser, one of America’s most famous sculptors of the early 20th century, originally created the chosen die design for the gold American Buffalo coin. The original design was used for the copper – nickel five-cent coin that was minted and issued between 1913 and 1938 in the United States. It would take almost 70 years for this iconic coin design to be used once again on a circulating coin, only this time on a gold bullion coin. Besides making the original distinctive design for the gold Buffalo coin, Fraser also created several of America’s most prominent public monuments, such as the Benjamin Franklin National Memorial in Philadelphia and the Arts of Peace in Washington D.C.
The American Buffalo represents North American Heritage
The American Bison which is portrayed on the obverse of the American Buffalo coin is a species that once roamed freely on the grasslands of North America. Due to the excessive commercial hunting of the American Bison, also referred to as the American Buffalo, the animal was almost wiped out in the 19th century in the United States. Luckily, the species has recently made a comeback thanks to a few national parks and restricted private reserves.
The US West Point Mint
By witnessing the growing popularity of other countries’ 24 karat gold bullion coins, of which Canada’s Maple Leaf and Austria’s Philharmonic gold coins are good examples, the United States Mint decided to issue for the first time in its history its own version of a .9999 fine legal tender gold coin. Until 2006, the only American legal tender gold bullion coin available for purchase was the gold American Eagle which, unlike the Gold Buffalo, is a 22 karat coin and is made of gold and a copper - silver alloy. The introduction of the gold American Buffalo coin was also a historical moment for the United States Mint which for the first time issued two separate legal tender gold coins that contained different gold purities.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|$50||32.7||999.9||31.10348||31.10659||1||The United States West Point Mint||United States|
The obverse portrays a Native American who, according to the designer James Earle Fraser, was created by combining the facial characteristics of three American Indian tribal chiefs. The text “LIBERTY” is also imprinted on the obverse, as is the year of mintage and the designer’s initial “F”, which stands for Fraser.
The reverse displays an American Bison, also referred to as the American Buffalo. Above the Buffalo is the engraving “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and the Latin words “E PLURIBUS UNUM” which translates as “one out of many”. Inscribed below the Buffalo are the words “IN GOD WE TRUST”, the nominal face value of $50, the weight, and the purity of the coin.
Each coin is sealed in original mint plastic packaging.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.