1/10 oz Australian Kangaroo Gold Coin
Tavex is pleased to present the exceptionally high quality Australian Gold Kangaroo coin, Australia’s most iconic gold bullion coin. Issued for the first time in 1989 by the renowned Perth Mint, it was the first gold bullion coin to commemorate one of the world’s unique animals: the Australian kangaroo in 99.99% pure gold. Exhibiting peerless beauty and purity, it is well suited for both collectors and investors. Considered legal tender in Australia, the 1/10 ounce Australian Gold Kangaroo coin carries a denomination of 15 Australian dollars and is available at a low premium over the prevailing spot price of gold. As a long-term partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for any desired quantity of this elegant gold coin.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins track the price of gold. The value of these coins is primarily determined by their fine gold content which is linked to the prevailing price of gold.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are money. They are legal tender in Australia and are accepted and exchanged as such throughout the world.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are 24 karats of pure artwork. What sets this coin apart from the rest are its fine artistic details in combination with mat and shiny surfaces with highly-polished motifs, making the coin diffract remarkable gold brilliance. This is truly eye-catching for anyone who admires precious artwork.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are popular among collectors. The Australian Gold Kangaroo coin is one of only two legal tender gold coins in the world to change its design of the main motif each year. The other example is the Chinese Panda gold coin.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are sold with a low premium. As a partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer Australian Gold Kangaroo coins with a low mark-up premium.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are internationally recognised. In continuous production for 28 years and by portraying the effigy of the most powerful and longest serving queen in the 20th century, Queen Elizabeth II, the Australian Gold Kangaroo coin is a household name in the global gold market.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are the equivalent of savings. Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are an ideal choice for any long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical legal tender gold coins.
- Australian Gold Kangaroo coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes Australian Gold Kangaroos serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a world distinguished mint and precious metals refiner that is located in the City of Perth, in Western Australia. The Perth Mint was founded in 1896 by Britain’s Royal Mint in response to the newly discovered gold deposits in Western Australia. Perth Mint’s task was to refine gold ore from the mines and to strike sovereign gold coins from the refined bullion. Between 1899 and 1931 the Pert Mint produced a considerable amount of gold sovereigns which were disturbed in Australia and throughout the British Empire to be used as circulating currency. British control over Perth Mint was relinquished in 1971 to the Government of Western Australia which then assumed ownership of the mint. Today, the Perth Mint is hailed for the exceptional quality of its world class investment bullion coins like the Kookaburra and Koala silver coins, and the Lunar Series. The Perth Mint has been a member of the London Gold Market (predecessor of the LBMA) since 1934. The swan design, which is the Mint’s official assay stamp registered with the LBMA, is recognised internationally and was inspired by the Mint’s location in Perth, where the main river, the Swan, runs through the city.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|15 dollars||16.1||9999||3.11034||3.11065||0.1||The Perth Mint||Australia|
The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text “ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy is the nominal face value of 15 dollars and the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley.
The reverse displays Australia’s most famous animal, the kangaroo, and above it is inscribed “AUSTRALIA KANGAROO”. Below the kangaroo is the year of mintage, weight and purity. To the right of the kangaroo is the letter “P” which stands for Perth Mint. The design of the coin varies each year.
Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule at the Perth Mint. For bulk purchases, multiples of 20 are available in original factory packaging.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.