1/2 oz Chinese Panda gold coin
Tavex is pleased to offer the Chinese Gold Panda, the most popular gold bullion coin from the People’s Republic of China. Introduced in 1982 as legal tender by the Chinese Central Bank, it is the first gold bullion coin to vary the design of its main motif, an aspect highly appreciated by collectors. Containing a gold purity of 99.9%, the Chinese Gold Panda coin is made with a unique engraving method that diffracts bright and darker shades of gold, an exceptional aesthetic representation of the panda bear’s black patches and white fur. These artistic features, coupled with the coin’s high quality, have contributed to making the Chinese Gold Panda coin one of the four most sought after investment-grade gold bullion coins in the world.
- Chinese Gold Panda coins have considerable upside potential. Sought after by collectors because of their limited annual mintage and varying design, Chinese Gold Pandas fetch considerable premiums in the secondary market.
- Chinese Gold Panda coins are money. Deemed legal tender by the Chinese Central Bank, the Gold Panda coin is exempt from Value Added Tax inside mainland China.
- The Chinese Gold Panda coin is internationally recognised. Being the only legal tender gold bullion coins in the world to portray a Panda Bear, an endemic animal to China, assures investor recognition worldwide.
- Gold Pandas are 99.9% pure gold. In many ways it is more exciting to hold a Gold Panda in your hands than an alloyed gold coin. Unlike alloyed gold, pure 24 karat gold has a lustrous gold colour and being of higher density it also has a better heft or “feel” to it.
- Chinese Gold Pandas are the equivalent of savings. Gold Pandas are an ideal choice for any type of long-term investor who appreciates the security and stability of owning physical legal tender gold coins.
- Gold Panda coins are excellent portfolio diversifiers. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes the Gold Pandas serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer country|
Obverse: The obverse portrays the Temple of Heaven, a UNESCO world heritage site that consists of a complex of religious buildings located in the central parts of Beijing. Above the Temple of Heaven is a text in Chinese that means “People’s Republic of China” and inscribed at the bottom is the year of mintage.
Reverse: The reverse design is different every year, but it always exhibits a graceful portrait of a panda bears. The face value of 200 Yuan is above the panda bear. The weight “1/2 oz” and the gold content marked “Au .999” are inscribed at the bottom, except on the 2015 gold coins.
Each coin is sealed in original mint plastic packaging.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.