1/4 oz Australian Lunar Year of the Pig 2019 Gold Coin
As an official distributor of the Perth Mint, Tavex is pleased to offer one of world’s finest minted gold bullion coins, the 2019 Australian Lunar Year of the Pig. The Australian Lunar Bullion Coin Series II reaches its finale in 2019 with depictions of the ultimate animal from the 12-year lunar calendar. The most popular one-ounce version in the series has a limited annual mintage of only 30,000 pieces, giving the coin a considerable collector’s premium in the secondary market.
The Year of the Pig gold coin contains 99.99% pure gold and is produced with a special minting technique that ensures the coin is in proof-like condition, meaning it has exceptionally shiny and mat surfaces coupled with the richest of detail. This bullion coin is truly a piece of breathtaking gold art suitable for collectors with an eye for beauty and those who wish to give their loved ones something really memorable and special.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are based on the treasured Chinese Lunar calendar. The coins mark the Year of the Pig with a design celebrating this social, inquisitive and highly intelligent animal.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are great gifts for your loved ones. Give a tribute to the ones you appreciate by marking their virtues and year of birth in pure 24 karat gold, a gift that will stay with them forever.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are minted in proof-like condition. Each coin is meticulously crafted by The Perth Mint, Australia’s global leader in precious metals.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are rare. No more than 30,000 1oz gold coins will be released. Other coins in the series are unlimited.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are money. The Gold Lunar Series was introduced for the first time in 1996 and every gold coin in the series, including the Year of the Pig, is considered to be legal tender by the Australian Government.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are popular with astute collectors. Its motif of the pig that varies every 12th year, its maximum mintage limit, and its quality, purity and legal tender status mean that the coin has a considerable premium over its melt value in the secondary market. Many collectors of Perth Mint coins assert that The Perth Mint is without equal when it comes to producing collector coins.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coins are internationally recognised. By being part of the Australian Gold Lunar Series which has been in continuous production for over 20 years, and by portraying motifs of the famous Chinese zodiac and the effigy of the most powerful and longest-serving queen in the 20th century, Queen Elizabeth II, the Australian Lunar Year of the Pig gold coin is recognised throughout the world by bullion dealers and collectors alike.
Australian Lunar gold coin - Year of the Pig
The Chinese lunar calendar is today used by many for Taoist cosmology. It is believed that, depending on the year of the zodiac when a person is born, a special relationship exists between the person’s personality and the animal that constitutes part of the Chinese zodiac. The animals in the zodiac are supposed to be of a symbolic nature, where each animal is a representation of a specific group of characteristics and traits that can be found in every human being. There are twelve animals in the Chinese zodiac, each of them being celebrated once every twelve years. The year of the Pig was celebrated in 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007 and 2019.
Those born in the year of the pig are considered to be persons who always show generousness and mercy to endure other people's mistakes, which help them gain harmonious interpersonal relationships. People with Chinese zodiac Pig sign are considerate, responsible, independent and optimistic. Though Pigs rarely seek help from others, they will not refuse to give others a hand. Pigs are diligent, compassionate, and generous.
Pigs might not stand out in a crowd. But they are very realistic. Others may be all talk and no action. Pigs are the opposite. They have great concentration: once they set a goal, they will devote all their energy to achieving it. They have a great sense of responsibility to finish what they are engaged in. General speaking, Pigs are relatively calm when facing trouble. No matter how difficult the problems are Pigs encounter, they can handle things properly and carefully.
However, sometimes they will behave lazy and lack actions. In addition, pure hearts would let them be cheated easily in daily life.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a world distinguished mint and precious metals refiner that is located in the City of Perth, in Western Australia. The Perth Mint was founded in 1896 by Britain’s Royal Mint in response to the newly discovered gold deposits in Western Australia. Perth Mint’s task was to refine gold ore from the mines and to strike sovereign gold coins from the refined bullion. Between 1899 and 1931 the Pert Mint produced a considerable amount of gold sovereigns which were disturbed in Australia and throughout the British Empire to be used as circulating currency. British control over Perth Mint was relinquished in 1971 to the Government of Western Australia which then assumed ownership of the mint. Today, the Perth Mint is hailed for the exceptional quality of its world class investment bullion coins like the Kookaburra and Koala silver coins, and the Lunar Series. The Perth Mint has been a member of the London Gold Market (predecessor of the LBMA) since 1934. The swan design, which is the Mint’s official assay stamp registered with the LBMA, is recognised internationally and was inspired by the Mint’s location in Perth, where the main river, the Swan, runs through the city.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|25 dollars||22.6||999.9||7.776||7.777||0.25||The Perth Mint||Australia|
The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text “ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy are the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley. At the bottom, in the semi-circle is inscribed the size of the coin, purity "9999 GOLD", the year of the mintage, and the denomination of the coin.
The reverse features a cheerful pig standing on a field with rocks and foliage with a peony blossom hovering over him on the left. Peony, also known as the king of flowers is also a traditional floral symbol of China. Above on the right the Chinese character for pig is seen. On the bottom of the reverse, the text 'Year of the Pig' is inscribed.
Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule by the Perth Mint. Multiples of 20 coins are available in wholesale packages.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.