North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin
Tavex is pleased to present one of the worlds's rarest coins, North Korean Grus Japonensis 2015 gold coin. The coin is a true masterpiece of gold with exceptionally brilliant surfaces. Modern proof coins are minted in the Central Bank of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the "Fu Qiang" National Mint. The obverse of the coin portrays the coat of arms of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. The reverse of the coin depicts red-crowned crane, also called the Japanese crane (Grus Japonensis in Latin), it is considered a symbol of longevity, purity, and peace in Korea.
This exclusive gold coin has the face value of 200 won and is crafted in 99.9% pure gold, the coin weights 31 grams (0.99667 ounce). Reportedly the mintage of North Korean gold coins is very limited, usually around 500 pieces. Consequently, any collector who is keen on adding some extremely rare gold coins to his collection should seriously consider this beautiful North Korean coin. Tavex offers North Korean gold coins with several different reverse designs: a Horse, Accipiter Gentilis, Bald Eagle, Grus Japonensis, and Strix Aluco. All the coins are obtained from Europe and are from the period before economic and commercial sanctions on North Korea were imposed.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is valuable gift for a wedding or a newborn. Japanese crane is is known as a symbol of luck, longevity, and fidelity.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is extremely rare. Tavex is exclusively offering a very small amount of these extraordinary coins.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is a beautiful present. In Korea the red-crowned crane is considered a symbol of longevity, purity, and peace.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is made of 24 karat pure gold. A combination of high gold purity and artistic design gives the Grus Japonensis a highly lustrous gold colour.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is a true masterpiece in gold. The coin is minted in an exceptionally high quality, presenting truly the graceful shape of flying Japanese crane.
- North Korean Grus Japonensis gold coin is suitable for collectors. This excuisite gold coin makes a perfect complement to every coin collection.
The red-crowned crane (Grus japonensis), also called the Japanese crane (or Manchurian crane), is a large East Asian crane among the rarest cranes in the world. In some parts of its range, it is known as a symbol of luck, longevity, and fidelity. Adult red-crowned cranes are named for a patch of red bare skin on the crown, which becomes brighter during mating season. Overall, they are snow white in color with black on the wing secondaries, which can appear almost like a black tail when the birds are standing, but the real tail feathers are actually white.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer country|
|200 North Korean Won||34.9||999||31||31||0.99667||North Korea|
The obverse portrays the national emblem of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, which bears the design of a grand hydroelectric power station under Mt. Paektu, the sacred mountain of the revolution, and the beaming light of a five-pointed red star, with ears of rice forming an oval frame, bound with a ribbon bearing the inscription "The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea". The coat of arms is surrounded by the text '조선 민주주의 인민 공화국 중앙 은행' which means the Bank of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, gold content 999, weight 31 g, face value 200 won (원) and year of the mintage.
The reverse depicts the graceful figure of flying red-crowned crane, also called the Japanese crane. Above is image is the name of the bird in Latin - Grus Japonensis.
Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.