1 oz Australian Kangaroo Silver Coin
Tavex is pleased to present the exceptionally high quality Australian Silver Kangaroo coin. Issued for the first time in 2016 by the renowned Perth Mint, it is the first silver bullion coin to commemorate one of the world’s unique animals: the Australian kangaroo in 99.99% pure silver. Exhibiting peerless beauty and purity, it is well suited for both collectors and investors. Considered legal tender in Australia, the one-ounce Australian Silver Kangaroo coin carries a denomination of 1 Australian dollar and features a micro-engraved security mark that guarantees the coins authenticity.
As a long-term partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for any desired quantity of this elegant silver coin.
- The value of Australian Silver Kangaroo coins track the price of silver. The value of Australian Silver Kangaroo coins is primarily determined by their fine silver content which is linked to the prevailing price of silver.
- The price of Australian Silver Kangaroo coins will rise with inflation. Silver has proven itself throughout history to be a great asset in times of high inflation, appreciating faster and higher than most other investments!
- Australian Silver Kangaroo coins are money. Australian Silver Kangaroo silver bullion coins are legal tender in Australia and are accepted and exchanged as such over large parts of the world.
- Australian Silver Kangaroo coins are available at a low premium. As a partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for Australian Kangaroo silver coins.
- Australian Silver Kangaroo coins are internationally recognized. As the only legal tender silver bullion coin in the world to portray a kangaroo, an animal native to Australia, investor recognition is ensured worldwide.
- Australian Silver Kangaroo coins are .9999 pure silver. Australian Silver Kangaroo are a great way to get this precious white metal in your hands.
- Australian Silver Kangaroo coins are the equivalent of savings. The historical low price of silver compared to gold makes it an ideal investment either for investors who wish to invest smaller amounts or for those who believe they are getting more precious metal for their “buck”, in anticipation of a steeper appreciation of the price of silver compared with gold.
Kangaroos are only found in Australia, these unique animals have gait and movement unlike any other animal in the world. The red kangaroo, depicted on the coin, is the largest of all kangaroos, the largest terrestrial mammal native to Australia, and the largest extant marsupial. They hop across Australia on large, powerful legs, and use an oversized, muscular tail to help balance their bodies. They are found across mainland Australia, avoiding only the more fertile areas in the south, the east coast, and the northern rainforests.
Kangaroos were first depicted on the coin in 1989 when the Perth Mint released their Gold Nugget coin in new design and changed its name to Kangaroo. Besides being depicted on the Australian Kangaroo coins, the kangaroo appears as an emblem on Australia’s coats of arms. In fact, the kangaroo is deemed to be the unofficial symbol of Australia. In 2016 the Perth Mint launched Australian Silver Kangaroo bullion coin, until then all silver coins depicting kangaroos were proof coins with limited edition.
The design for this brand-new coin from Australia’s Perth Mint was a closely guarded secret that was only revealed to the public at the World Fair of Money. This coin was set to rival the American Silver Eagle’s dominance of the precious metals coin market. Unlike other Australian silver coins (Kookaburra, Koala, Lunar) the silver Kangaroo has the same design annually and its volume of production is not limited.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a world distinguished mint and precious metals refiner that is located in the City of Perth, in Western Australia. The Perth Mint was founded in 1896 by Britain’s Royal Mint in response to the newly discovered gold deposits in Western Australia. Perth Mint’s task was to refine gold ore from the mines and to strike sovereign gold coins from the refined bullion. Between 1899 and 1931 the Pert Mint produced a considerable amount of gold sovereigns which were disturbed in Australia and throughout the British Empire to be used as circulating currency. British control over Perth Mint was relinquished in 1971 to the Government of Western Australia which then assumed ownership of the mint. Today, the Perth Mint is hailed for the exceptional quality of its world class investment bullion coins like the Kookaburra and Koala silver coins, and the Lunar Series. The Perth Mint has been a member of the London Gold Market (predecessor of the LBMA) since 1934. The swan design, which is the Mint’s official assay stamp registered with the LBMA, is recognised internationally and was inspired by the Mint’s location in Perth, where the main river, the Swan, runs through the city.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Silver weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Silver weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|1 dollar||40.6||9999||31.10347||31.10658||1||The Perth Mint||Australia|
Issued as Australian legal tender, the obverse of each coin bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the year-date.
The coin’s reverse portrays the classic red kangaroo design by Dr Stuart Devlin AO CMG, goldsmith and jeweller to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. As a Perth Mint first, the coin includes an authentication feature on the reverse. In the form of a micro-laser engraved letter ‘A’ which is within the first A of AUSTRALIA, it is only detectable under a magnifying glass. The authentication feature is designed to make it significantly more difficult for the coin to be counterfeited providing peace of mind to our customers.
Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule. Multiples of 25 are available in original mint-sealed tubes. For bulk purchases, we stock original Perth Mint sealed boxes which contain 10 tubes with twenty-five Silver Kangaroos to a tube (250 coins in total).
Your order is fully insured and delivered by ELS Express. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 1 or 2 working days. The ELS courier will contact you via phone. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Tallinn or Tartu the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.